This Privacy Notice outlines the ways in which Cult Wing collects, processes, and shares your personal data.
What information does Cult Wing collect?
Kindly note, information may be collected from you during the online reservation process, when you purchase a gift voucher, when you sign up to Cult Wing`s newsletter online, when you make a telephone call to make a reservation, and when you attend an event at Cult Wing restaurant.
The following information may be collected (but may not be subject to):
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Payment Card Information
- Any other information you provide during a reservation process
Cult Wing may receive certain categories of information (as listed above) from sources other than yourself, as well. This may include third-party websites, applications, and individuals who have listed you as a guest to their reservation, or who have purchased a gift voucher for you. We may combine this information, with the any other information already obtained.
What is your information used for?
Cult Wing processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- Your name, telephone number, and email address for the purpose of sending you direct electronic marketing. Cult Wing will only do this if you have provided consent to being contacted, specifically via direct electronic marketing. You may opt-out from receiving this at any time, by contacting Cult Wing, or by changing your preferences.
- To process any agreed contracts between Cult Wing and you. For example to take payment, to make a reservation, or when a gift voucher has been purchased.
- To send you a confirmation email or confirmation text message to verify and confirm your reservation, and gift voucher purchases. Please note, this is necessary so that Cult Wing can process its commitment to you (confirm your reservations, and provide you with details about your purchased gift voucher). It is also helpful when providing Cult Wing’s guests with a smooth and high-quality service, before even arriving at the restaurant.
- To improve your experience with Cult Wing , both online (via the website) and in person at our restaurant. This is our priority and in the very best interest of our guests.
- To optimise your experience of the types of direct electronic marketing that Cult Wing sends you (where you specifically given your consent, for direct electronic marketing). Cult Wing does this to ensure that such direct marketing is of interest and of use to you.
- To inform you of Cult Wing’s strict Allergen Procedure, and to ascertain whether special dietary requirements apply to your booking.
- Any other purposes where we have specifically obtained your consent to do so.
To improve our IT systems, website performance, and to carry out research, we may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner, so that the data can be analysed. This data may be shared with third parties; but you will not be identifiable form any such data.
Cult Wing has the responsibility to review your personal data if we have reason to believe that information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully, or illegally.
Disclosing Information to Third Parties
Cult Wing does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to any outside parties, other than as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Please note, Cult Wing provides your personal data:
- To selected third-party providers, to process and deliver your reservations and orders. For example, to payment providers, gift voucher merchants, and third-party online booking and loyalty providers.
- To selected marketing agencies, web-mailing companies, and hosting companies.
- To other companies in the same group as Cult Wing (FB Holdings). These companies will only use your personal data in the same way as Cult Wing has outlined in this Privacy Notice.
- To credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies.
Cult Wing will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations who have adequate safeguards in place, to ensure the security of your personal data.
Cult Wing will disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- If Cult Wing sells or buys any business or assets. In this case, Cult Wing will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer, of such business or asset.
- If Cult Wing or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third-party. In this case, personal data held by it about its guests will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Cult Wing is under a duty to disclose (or share) your personal data, in order to comply with any legal obligation(s), or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cult Wing, or you or any third-party. Also, to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement Cult Wing has with you. This includes (but is not subject to), exchanging information with other companies and organisations, for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Cult Wing may pass your personal data to third parties in statistical and/ or aggregated manner for analysis. In this case, Cult Wing will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data.
Cult Wing may otherwise share your information as directed by you, or subject to your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
You are in the assurance that Cult Wing has appropriate security measures put in place, to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or otherwise disclosed. In addition, Cult Wing limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third-parties, in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Cult Wing has strict procedures put in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you (and any other applicable regulator), of a breach – where it is legally required to do so.
If you have reason to believe that your interactions with Cult Wing are no longer secure, then please contact the restaurant via email immediately.
Holding Your Personal Data
Cult Wing may retain your data for as long as it is needed, to provide you with adequate services and to improve, analyse, and optimise your guest experience.
We may also retain your data for additional periods where we need to do so, in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements. This includes keeping certain records for seven years for VAT purposes, to carry out mandatory audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts, or to resolve any disputes.
Cult Wing considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of personal data, as well as the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purpose for which Cult Wing processes your personal data, and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, via the applicable legal requirements, before determining the appropriate retention period for (any) personal data.
In the event where Cult Wing relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data (for example, for sending you direct electronic marketing), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following statutory rights in relation to your personal data:
- Object to direct marketing communications at any time
- Request and obtain access to your personal data
- Rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances
- Object to or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances
- Have your personal data stored in a way that is portable from the environment in which it is stored by Cult Wing (to another environment)
- File a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to Privacy Notice
If Cult Wing decides to change this Privacy Notice, any medications will be posted onto this page.
This Privacy Notice was last modified on 24.05.2022.
If you wish to contact Cult Wing in relation to this Privacy Notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in Section 7 or above, please contact the restaurant via the contact form.